Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas Eve Dinner @ To-gather Cafe

Ever since I brought my family to To-gather Cafe the first time, they absolutely loved it and I think we've visited the cafe about 5 times in total? I think the decor of the cafe is really pretty, decorated with wonderful quotes all around and the staff there are extremely friendly and welcoming. So my mum decided to make a reservation at the place for our annual Christmas Eve dinner and I'm so glad she did because the food was absolutely great!! :)

Being the Christmas season, they had a special Christmas menu which served food that isn't available on the ordinary menu. 




Each main course comes with a starter which we can choose from either 1) Creamy Blue Swimmer Crab Bisque or 2) Dill & Sugar Cured Salmon Carpaccio and a dessert which was Rum & Raisin Chocolate Brownie & Matcha Ice Cream

My parents had the Crab Bisque while I had the Salmon Carpaccio!

Creamy blue swimmer crab bisque w/ seafood ravioli

The bisque was great! Able to get the crab taste with every mouth & the ravioli was like a westernized version of a wanton which was soft and tasty.


Dill & sugar cured salmon carpaccio w/ lemon dressing, crispy capers & rocket leaves

Tasted like sashimi and being a sashimi lover this dish was of course, wonderful!

As for the main course, my dad had the beef, mum had the salmon and I had the duck and every single dish met up to our standards. 

Grilled tenderloin of beef w/ shallot red wine reduction, lyonnaise potato & sautéed vegetables

The beef was really tender! When I tried it, I didn't experience any difficulty in chewing it unlike some other restaurants. My dad loved it, he wiped out the entire plate so quickly and he said that the potatoes and vegetables complemented the beef well.


Baked salmon fillet w/ saffron & blue mussel sauce, basil mash potato & sautéed vegetables

Loved the basil mash potato here compared to the normal mash potato that came with my duck :( The basil made the potato tastier and gave it a unique taste :)
The salmon was good as well! It was fresh and juicy not like some places which serve very dry salmon with little sauce accompanying it. 

Confit of duck w/ fig chutney, thyme cranberry jus, mash potato & sautéed vegetables 

Not really a duck lover but the first time I had duck confit was at Saveur @ Purvis Street and it left a good impression so I decided to try it again. Was quite afraid that I wouldn't enjoy the meal but I'm so glad that the dish didn't disappoint! The sauce complemented the duck well as it was sweet while the duck was salty :) Tasted a little like the meatball sauce served at IKEA which is really gooood.

Christmas Mango Breezer ($4)

Very refreshing with fresh mango bits inside!


Rum & raisin chocolate brownie with matcha ice cream

Was so excited when I found out that we were having this for dessert as I love rum & raisin and matcha! However, this was my first time trying a rum & raisin brownie so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. But I must say that this dessert was perfect. I really love how the brownie had NO NUTS in it at all as I absolutely hate nuts. Although the matcha taste in the ice cream wasn't as strong as I hoped it'd be, the brownie made up for it and it was still great overall. Sadly, they only have this on their Christmas menu :(





To-gather Cafe

84 Bedok North Street 4
#01-25/27
Singapore 460084
(Less than 5 mins walk from the famous Bedok 85 food centre)

**Opening Hours**
Closed on Mondays
Sun-Thurs: 11am-10pm
Fri & Sat: 11am-11pm

Phone number: 6445 1011

No comments:

Post a Comment